Saturday 21 May 2011

2012 Problems... and Prediction's one.

So I'm happily staying on earth this weekend. Not a problem, I wasn't expecting a rapturous reception.

With my cheap pun firmly out of the way, there we have it. Yesterday the end of the world was nigh and now it seems we've been left high and dry. I think I can guess what you're thinking... "did you really expect a massive earthquake to destroy the Earth, ending the world as we know it?"

Well to be honest no, I didn't. But I'll level with you that the distinct lack of Rapture has knocked me back a fair bit. For starters I've had to spend a fiver on food that I wasn't expecting to have to. [When the time comes, I'm definitely having a word with God about that]. It also means I'll have to revise for the exams I've got coming up this week, unless I can really put the education system to the test and use the two words that give all students that little bit of hope when deadline time comes around...

Extenuating Circumstances. Every self respecting student's lifeline. Now I understand that the University makes allowances [and valuable percentages] for religious observances, but I'm guessing that "I'm sorry, I can't do these exams. I'm a devout Christian and was expecting to be Raptured into heaven... so I haven't revised." wouldn't come over especially well. But with the week I've got ahead of me, I fully intend to try it. It's that or buy one of those specially made INVIGILATOR t-shirts that they all seem to be sporting. The looks of sheer confusion would be fantastic. Even better should it come to conversation. "What are you doing sat with this exam paper?" "I'm undercover" would be my response "making sure no one's cheating under the radar". To be honest, I can't imagine that going down overly well either.

On paper, it doesn't seem like I've come out well from this whole Rapture business. But really, I've had a great meal and learned (hopefully) enough to pass some of these bleeding exams. I'm just hoping that the Mayans were a bit better at predicting some of this end of the world business and on the night of the 21st December, 2012 I won't be sat infront of a computer screen typing out how I'm miffed that they had it all wrong too. But I do have a tagline for it: "2012 problems, and prediction's one"

No comments:

Post a Comment